As the global response to the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, we want our Clients to know that we are doing everything we can to ensure that this outbreak affects our Clients, our Staff, and our Lawyers as little as possible during this difficult time. We have taken added precautions to keep our Clients and employees as safe as possible. This is our top priority. As a result of our unique virtual law office environment we are ahead of the curve because we already have the work from home capabilities!
We have activated our COVID-19 protocol which involves taking the following steps:
- Effective immediately, we are minimizing the number of in-office consultations we conduct. Instead, we will be conducting consultations with our Clients via web conferences or telephone conferences. This will prevent our Clients from having to travel to our office to obtain legal services. It will also minimize the number of interactions between our staff and Clients coming to our office.
- Our lawyers all have home offices which enable them to assist or provide legal advice to Clients without coming to the office. Our lawyers will be encouraged to work from home as much as possible for the duration of the COVID-19 outbreak, thereby minimizing their interactions with our office staff.
- Within the office, we will be utilizing “social distancing:” remaining 2 meters apart; “elbow bumps” or “foot taps” will replace hand-shakes.
- If it is necessary for a Client to come to our office, upon arrival they will be asked to use our washroom facility to wash their hands thoroughly.
- No domestic or international air travel for business purposes. Personal domestic or international air travel is being discouraged, unless an emergency and absolutely necessary. If any member of our team uses air travel for personal reasons, they will be required to self-isolate and not attend at the office for 14 consecutive days.
- If any member of our team develops symptoms of illness they will not be permitted to come into the office and they will be required to self-isolate. We will post a notice on our website if any of our lawyers or staff has had a positive COVID-19 diagnosis. In such an unlikely event, we will notify any Clients who may have had contact with that member of our team.
- All office equipment and work space used by any of our team members will be wiped down with a Lysol wipe after use.
- We will be encouraging all of our team members to self-isolate as much as possible when they are not at work or on paid time off.
- All of our employees will receive 100% of their pay if they are required to self-isolate for the entire duration of their quarantine period.
- We will continue to monitor recommendations made by Federal and Provincial Public Health Officials as well as our Provincial government and we will be modifying our COVID-19 response protocol accordingly.
- By taking these actions we are doing our part to minimize the impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on our Clients, Staff, Lawyers and our Community. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Read more about how COVID-19 affects you in the workplace.DISCLAIMER: The content of this article, and this website generally, is not intended as legal advice and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. To provide legal advice on your problem, a lawyer must first understand your specific situation.
We offer free half-hour consultations in person at our Coquitlam office or virtually via software. To book a consultation, please give us a call toll-free 1 (877) 708-8350 or locally (604) 475-0041. You can also book your free consultation online here.